Chart of the Week
by Joel Tillinghast
In Big Money Thinks Small, veteran fund manager Joel Tillinghast shows investors how to avoid making these mistakes. He offers a set of simple but crucial steps to successful investing, including:
- Know yourself, how you arrive at decisions, and how you might be susceptible to self-deception.
- Make decisions based on your own expertise, and do not invest in what you don’t understand.
- Select only trustworthy and capable colleagues and collaborators.
- Learn how to identify and avoid investments with inherent flaws.
- Always search for bargains, and never forget that the first responsibility of an investor is to identify mispriced stocks.
The 250 Most Effectively Managed U.S. Companies—and How They Got That Way (WSJ)
Warren Buffett’s best investing advice for beginners (Business Insider)
This story about Warren Buffett and his long-time pilot is an important lesson about what separates extraordinarily successful people from everyone else (Business Insider)
The 25 best personal finance books to read in 2017 (Business Insider)
A Foolish Take: A Contrarian View of Bitcoin (Nasdaq)
How to Invest in Bitcoin like Benjamin Graham (jlcollinsnh)
Even Robots Are Joining the Bitcoin Craze as Quants Seek an Edge (Bloomberg)
Index Funds Rule the World, But Should They Rule You? (The Intelligent Investor)
Should you consider diamonds as an alternative investment? (Beyond4cs.com)
What are you reading this weekend? Drop a link in the comments section below or shoot me an email.