Chart of the Week
Source: Safal Niveshak
by Joel Tillinghast
In Big Money Thinks Small, veteran fund manager Joel Tillinghast shows investors how to avoid making these mistakes. He offers a set of simple but crucial steps to successful investing, including:
- Know yourself, how you arrive at decisions, and how you might be susceptible to self-deception.
- Make decisions based on your own expertise, and do not invest in what you don’t understand.
- Select only trustworthy and capable colleagues and collaborators.
- Learn how to identify and avoid investments with inherent flaws.
- Always search for bargains, and never forget that the first responsibility of an investor is to identify mispriced stocks.
The 400% Man: How a college dropout beat Wall Street, and why most managers are scared to copy him (MarketWatch)
Why I’m keeping my powder dry (FT Advisor)
Amazon is so good at keeping prices low, it’s changed how economists think about inflation (Quartz)
Net Neutrality: A Case Study With JetBlue and Amazon (WSJ)
Billionaire Leon Cooperman: If Hillary Clinton had won the presidency, the US would be in a recession (CNBC)
The Value of Dividend Growth Investing (Logical Invest)
Benoit Mandelbrot’s Ideas about Investing and Markets (Made as Simple as Possible, but not Simpler) (25iq)
The Future Is Bumpy: High-Tech Hedge Fund Hits Limits of Robot Stock Picking (WSJ)
Ray Dalio on The Fine Art of Failure (The Big Picture)
What are you reading this weekend? Drop a link in the comments section below or shoot me an email.