Chart of the Week
by Joel Tillinghast
In Big Money Thinks Small, veteran fund manager Joel Tillinghast shows investors how to avoid making these mistakes. He offers a set of simple but crucial steps to successful investing, including:
- Know yourself, how you arrive at decisions, and how you might be susceptible to self-deception.
- Make decisions based on your own expertise, and do not invest in what you don’t understand.
- Select only trustworthy and capable colleagues and collaborators.
- Learn how to identify and avoid investments with inherent flaws.
- Always search for bargains, and never forget that the first responsibility of an investor is to identify mispriced stocks.
Four Things Sure to Happen in Markets During 2018 (The Intelligent Investor)
The Challenge for Vanguard’s New CEO: Keep a Behemoth Growing (WSJ)
50 Investing Rules and Tips Not Only for Dummies (Stokz)
Would You Take The Warren Buffett Bet? (1500 Days)
LeBron James Keeps Getting Better With Age (WSJ)
What are you reading this weekend? Drop a link in the comments section below or shoot me an email.